CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Contemporary by Nature Exhibition - Herring Island Summer Arts Festival 2019
1. Only financial members of the Contemporary Art Society of Victoria Inc. are eligible to enter works in this exhibition.
2. ENTRIES: Each artist may enter up to two (2) works. All artworks must remain on show for the exhibition duration. The cost of the first entry* is $20. The second entry* is subsidized by CAS, and is give as a free entry, and only applies to the second work entered. (Higher fees apply to artworks over 100cm in any dimension)
3. Works previously accepted for a C.A.S. Inc. exhibition may be submitted, however works which were selected out of previous C.A.S. Inc. exhibitions will not be accepted.
4. SIZE: Entry fee for artworks UNDER 100cm in overall height, width or depth is $20. All Artworks over 100cm in width, height or depth will occur $5.00 for every 30cm, or part thereof, by which width, height or depth exceeds 100cm. (including mounts & frames etc).
5. Work may be in any stable medium, and must be the original work of the artist entering it. If work/s are produced as multiples (bronzes, photographs, prints etc), the edition number and remaining works in that edition available must be recorded on the work and entry form.
6. All 2D works must be suitably framed (a stretched canvas is considered framed) & presented ready for hanging with wire & screw-eyes or similar attached securely to back. String or fishing line cannot be accepted. Sculpture must be no heavier than 30 kg. Sculptors to provide their own clean stands. Small sculptures should be secured to stand. Note: We have access to some white painted stands. This is a free service to members. Please contact the Secretary to check availability prior to exhibition.
7. Entries must be clearly marked on back with the artist's name, phone number, title of work, dimensions, price & medium. Sculpture should be so marked underneath.
8. SALES: Works may be for sale. A 25% commission will be apply on any sales from the exhibition. Cheques for all sold works during exhibition will be posted to entrant within 30 days of end of exhibition. Any cheques issued by us not cashed within 3 months of issue will be cancelled and no correspondence entered into.
9. C.A.S. Inc. does not collect G.S.T. All prices must be total selling price. Any G.S.T. liability between the artist and the A.T.O. remains the responsibility of the artist.
10. The C.A.S. Inc. reserves the right to select works for exhibition. Unselected artists will be notified by phone or mail. Artworks entered will be selected on the theme of “contemporary interpretation of nature”. Unsafe or wet works will be rejected & entry fees will not be refunded. Unselected works will be held for collection on collection day. The selection committee’s decision is final & no correspondence will be entered into.
11. ENTRIES CLOSE: on Thursday 31 January 2019. Completed entry forms must be accompanied with correct payment & returned to: The Secretary, C.A.S. Inc., P.O. Box 283, Richmond, Vic 3121. Late entries will not be accepted & will be returned to sender.
12. DELIVERY: All artworks must be delivered between 9.30 - 10.30am, Friday 8 February, to the Gallery, on Herring Island. Access to the gallery is by punt from Como landing. It is the artists responsibility to transport their own artworks directly to the Gallery. If appointing an agent to deliver artworks, Please complete “Delivery of works” section.
13. SITTING: All Melbourne metropolitan exhibitors are expected to sit one session of the exhibition, or assist with the set up / opening. Preferences will be taken into account, but may not be available. If any Melbourne metropolitan artist or their agent is unable to assist, a fee of $20 applies.
14. COLLECTION: All unsold works must be collected between 9.30 - 10.30am Monday 18th March, from the Gallery on Herring Island. If appointing an agent to collect artworks, Please complete “Collection of works” section.
15. If persons delivering or collecting works are to be other than those named on entry form, the Society must be notified in writing at least 24 hours prior to delivery / collection.
16. UNCOLLECTED WORKS: Any works not collected by artist/agent at the appointed time will incur a fee of $20.00 per day per work. The artist/agent must contact the Secretary to arrange collection. Works not released until payment made. Works remaining uncollected or fees unpaid after 7 days from close of exhibition shall immediately become the property of C.A.S. Inc., and may be sold, destroyed or otherwise disposed of in such a manner as deemed fit, & thereafter the C.A.S. Inc. shall be under no liability whatever to the artist in respect of any work so destroyed or disposed of.
17. C.A.S. Inc. will exercise reasonable care with work submitted, however C.A.S. Inc. will not be responsible for any loss or damage howsoever caused. Artists are responsible for arranging their own insurance cover.
18. C.A.S. Inc. reserves the right to photograph all artworks entered for exhibition, for the Society's records and website, and for promotion & publicity purposes.